Ministry of Sanitation & Water Resources
Our goal is to contribute to improvement in the living standards of Ghanaians through increased access to and use of safe water, sanitation and hygiene practices and sustainable management of water resources. The Ministry derives its core mandate primarily from article 190 of the 1992 constitution of the Republic of Ghana
The Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources (MSWR), is a Ministry in the Infrastructure Sector under the Office of the Head of Civil Service. It was established in January, 2017 to act and play a major role in the national, regional
The Ministry also exercises supervisory role over the administration and operations of the various Departments and Agencies under the Ministry through their Governing Boards and Heads of Managements.
Projects by the ministry are jointly done with its agencies according to the type of project to help ensure sustainable management of the nation’s water resources, provide safe, adequate and affordable water and improved sanitation.
The Ministry has a series of events that are carefully planned and being executed to for the sustainable management of the nation’s water resources, provide adequate, safe and affordable water and improved sanitation.
Hon. Joseph Kofi Adda is 60 years old. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Political Science from the Indiana Wesleyan Univerity, USA; a Masters in International Affairs (specialising in International Finance and
The Deputy Ministers ably assist the Minister to carry out ministerial duties concerning the Ministry geared towards achieving its vision and mission of increased access to safe water, improved water resources and sanitation in Ghana.
Directors & Administrators
The Chief Director is the administrative head and supervises the formulation of effective and efficient sector policies and ensures the consistent implementation of these policies and management practices within the Ministry
The Finance and Administration Directorate deals mainly with administrative, managerial, secretarial, logistical and maintenance support to facilitate the functioning of the Sector. It also deals with General Accounting and the
News & Notices
- Hon. Cecilia Abena Dapaah Launches the Bio+digester Toilet Construction And Installation Manual May 23, 2022
- Hon. Cecilia Abena Dapaah addresses the 9th session of the meeting of Parties to Water Convention in Geneva, Switzerland. September 29, 2021
- A nine- member governing board for the Community Water and Sanitation Agency (CWSA) has been inaugurated by the Minister for Sanitation and Water Resources, Hon. Cecilia Abena Dapaah. September 24, 2021
- Hon. Cecilia Abena Dapaah Inaugurates Board of Directors for Ghana Water Company Limited. September 20, 2021
- HON. CECILIA ABENA DAPAAH TOURS WEIJA TREATMENT PLANT TO INSPECT WORKS ON REPLACEMENT OF VALVES. September 15, 2021
Activities in Pictures